Saturday, January 30, 2016

Considering Genre

In this blog post, I am going to detail how I am going to use the quick reference guide as my genre to complete project 1.

Luiz Guilherme Queiroga, "A Banner." 9/8/2013. via flickr. Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.0 Generic. 
I am going to commit to doing a Quick Reference Guide for Project 1. I believe that this is the best idea for me because I believe that it is the easiest new medium to adjust to from previous experience in writing and minimal new technology. Also the podcast, the video essay, and the essay I believe are also much better suited for projects 2, 3, and 4 respectively at this point in time.

I plan on developing many of the graphic and subheading conventions of the quick reference guide this coming week, along with the rest of the text as well. The subheadings and graphic organization of the quick reference guide specifically are new conventions that I have not previously had much exposure to. I plan to begin working within these conventions this week almost immediately, along with completing further research concurrently with the project as well to ensure that I am using these conventions correctly. I believe that I will highlight the graphic elements and highlights of the quotes to ensure that the opinions of both parties in this controversy are seen.

I believe that it is going to be difficult adjusting to these conventions due to my lack of experience in working with them. I believe the content of the work is not going to be difficult, but once it comes to organize I am going to have to pay very close attention to the examples given to ensure that I am doing the work correctly throughout the project.

No comments:

Post a Comment