Sunday, February 21, 2016

Local Revision: Passive and Active Voice

In this blog post, I will analyze the active and passive voice within my project.

Qrodo Photos, "Sport action." 3/13/2006. via flickr. Attribution 2.0 Generic.
Active (Specific)

attacking
address
beat
fight
killed
shooting
creating
address
discussing
aimed
accusing
invalidating
attempting
confronted
weighing
underrepresented
receive
emphasize
share
claimed
charged
charged
voice
voice
interviewed
understand
share
excite
encourage
represent
represent
voice
apologized
attempted
responded
encouraging
exposed
voice

Active (General)

run
cast
began
playing
reacted
casting
casting
felt
beat
travel
creating
combining
casting
sees
states
cast
made
discussing
casting
aimed
said
casting
hear
believe
work
cast
receive
states
states
makes
miscasting
says
emphasize
cared
traveled
share
show
explain
casting
explain
experienced
working
understand
casting
made
working
created
worked
understand
react
casting
written
change
cast
share
excite
read
encourage
represent
represent
heard
stated
reacted
casting
responded
recast
heard
casting

Passive

None to be seen

While there are no major instances of passive voice to be found in my project, there is a drastic amount of general verbs as opposed to the amount of active verbs. I have thought that my project was almost too vivid, and have been having to cut down on the amount within my project. However, what I can note after this is there are a significant amount of general verbs that I can try and change to ensure that they are more vivid for the audience.

I am going to go through the verbs on this list and try and ensure that both my active and general verbs increase in their ability to paint a picture for the audience. While I do not plan on going through and trying to make sure every single verb is too vivid as that would become too distracting at certain points, and there are certain points where a general verb is acceptable, many of these verbs can change and increase their vividness so as to ensure the audience is fully engrossed in the project throughout.

No comments:

Post a Comment