Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Peer Review 1

In this blog post, I will discuss what I have learned from peer reviewing the rough draft of Nicholas Hoover.

Anne Davis, "learning." 5/1/2013. via flickr. Attribution-NonCommerical 2.0 Generic















I peer reviewed the draft for Nicholas Hoover, with the draft located here and the rubric located here

I definitely believe that the form for my own draft needs to be revised to a much better extent that will match the genre conventions of a quick reference guide. I also believe that I should better apply the question of why everything matters to all aspects of my content in relation to the overall controversy. I do believe that I have a plethora of material to work with, it is just about organizing it and editing it to better fit into a final project. I believe that I want to avoid keeping things too general in terms of the conventions for the genre, adding in some different and creative twists, and be sure to include enthusiasm to get those reading engaged in my project, which were parts that I think Nicholas could improve on. However, I think I could try and emulate his ability to detail everything in such a meticulous manner, and also be able to fully relay the context for every single example that I use and not only how it relates to the current explanation, but also the overall project as a whole, which Nicholas was exceedingly good at. 

No comments:

Post a Comment