Sunday, March 27, 2016

Editorial Report 2

In this blog post, I will compare another 2 sections of my rough draft and final draft.

Selection from Rough Cut

Re-Edited Selection

The content in the re-edited selection actually included credits where I thanked those who helped give me the information that I worked with, such as my interviewees. In the original cut, I just ended the podcast when the content of the project ended as well. There was no sort of finality to my project in the rough cut of the project, and it left much of the audience to wonder if the ending my podcast was truly the ending or if there was another point that I was missing. The ending of my podcast lets the audience know that the podcast is over, creates some entertainment value, and allows the project to come to a natural end in the final version.

The form changed because I added more to the entertainment value of the piece. I added my attempt at humor to ensure that the audience was still listening to the podcast and still consciously paying attention, while also adding music to wrap up the podcast concluding even with the conclusion of a song as well. The other did not use the conventions of the podcast to keep the audience enthused or interested in the podcast as a listening experience, and therefore was a failure in terms of it's form. I engaged the audience with the conventions of the podcast to the best of my ability, and did the best I could for the project to end on a successful note with the addition of music and credits.

No comments:

Post a Comment