Sunday, March 27, 2016

Peer Review for Veronica Funess

In this post, I will go over the peer review I did for Veronica.

I peer reviewed Veronica Funess' project titled "Scholars of GWS: If We Write, They Will Follow". The project can be seen here. I decided to focus on a recommendation about form for Veronica's project. I believe that her content is good, but she needs to take more advantage of the creative aspects that the genre of a podcast gives her.

I believe that my advice will let her focus on the more creative aspects of the project overall. She can take into account all the music and the sound effects for her project. This will not only help fit the genre, but also it would increase the entertainment value of the project and allow listeners to enjoy the project more. I took into account our group discussion on podcasts, and the conventions of podcasts as evidenced by Project 1. The music sets the tone for the whole project, and therefore it is important to allow music to work it's magic and allow the music to do what it needs to the audience.

I admired that even when they were discussing the genres themselves, they incorporated someone else so that the audience would be able to hear another voice. It ensures that she is not monologuing for long periods of time on her own, and therefore the listener will want to pay attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment