Saturday, April 30, 2016

Final Production Report 1

In this blog post, I am going to compare the outline to the rough cut of my final project.

Outline Item

Planning out the rest of the semester was an extremely daunting task to complete, and I was unsure if I was going to be able to complete it effectively. This was my first encounter with time management in this class, and it was the most serious and long term planning that I truly encountered in college, especially with most of this semester being a sort of pick my own poison sort of mentality.

Adaptation of Outline Item

Time management was an aspect of my writing process that I found immensely inefficient coming into this class. From the very beginning, I was unsure of myself when faced with the decision on which genres should I assign myself for the rest of this semester. I had only written essays before, and the other genres were very unfamiliar to me at the time. I decided that it would be prudent of me to save the essay for the final project, as essays come more natural. I had known that with finals and the audition into the BFA Acting program at the end of the semester, I thought it best to leave the most familiar genre for that time frame as a gift of sorts for the end of the semester. However, forcing myself to work in unfamiliar genres very early was a difficult decision, and made this course a terrifying prospect moving forward. I was unsure of myself and my own abilities, and I immediately began to lower my expectations for a high grade in this class. Not due to my lack of will power or determination to try, but because of the automatic assumption that my best writing would not be good enough.

I decided that form would be most important here in that I would try and strike the right tone of a college essay, while also trying to complete the topic of the project in self-reflection of my character and growth as a writer from this semester. I tried to explain myself in a way that gave myself credibility with more thorough and expressive word choice, and I believe that this is the best way that my essay is going to show credibility, rather than the citations or sources that I am using as those sources are going to be all coming from me.

The production of this raw material is very easy to produce, as I remember very distinctly these emotions and memories from the beginning of the semester. There are no hiccups as I remember what I am going to be discussing in my essay quite clearly, as it only happened a few months prior and the stress or happiness that came from these moments is very easy to recall in my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment