Sunday, April 10, 2016

Production Report 2

In this blog post, I will analyze another part of the production process.

Outline Item

I am going to bring up the paralysis and rape of Barbara Gordon and how this situation was ultimately proven to be meaningless as it was a fruitless attempt to drive her father insane, which did not occur.
Adaptation of Outline Item

One of the most notable characters that has also suffered mistreatment is the character of Barbara Gordon, or Batgirl. In 1988, in The Killing Joke, Barbara Gordon was shot and paralyzed and was then photographed naked all to try and drive her father insane. This attempt was fruitless and her father made a full mental recovery, while Barbara was left in a wheelchair for over 20 years until 2011 when the series was rebooted, and rewritten to return as Batgirl as written by Gail Simone, the same writer who created Women in Refrigerators in 1999. The character was rewritten as a computer genius and helped heroes in other ways as an information broker, however she was damned to the wheelchair as Batman was able to make a full recovery after his back was broken.

The clips to support my claims can be seen here.

I decided to use form a little bit differently, as not only are the above clips going to be playing but I am also going to be including images from the original graphic novel as well which shall all play over my above narration. I believe that it is important to not get too caught up in having videos playing all the time, because it allows for the reader to get distracted. Having images allows the reader to look at something and give the voice a bit more power.

The production of this raw material has also been extremely difficult because Windows Movie Maker was proving to be a problem. However I am in the process of learning and with the amount of material I have it shall be plenty for the video that I am desiring to make. This week has started up the production of Rent and it has made completion of this project extremely difficult as I can not come home until 11 at night most nights now.

No comments:

Post a Comment