Sunday, April 17, 2016

Reflection on Global Revision Process

In this blog post, I am going to reflect on the global revision process.

I believe that the most successful part of this week took place today. I was able to record the audio, cut down all of the clips into the fashion that I would like them, and I was also able to complete all of the blog posts at a reasonable hour. I also was able to compile all of the clips on Windows Movie Maker earlier this week. Overall, I was able to take the rough cut and turn it into a very rough version of a video essay. It was successful in this way that the project has made steps forward in progression towards the final deadline.

Some of the biggest challenges this week was the production of Rent taking up an extremely extensive period of time every night, leading to some nights where I did not return to my dorm until 3 AM. These last few nights have been extremely long, and therefore the project was extremely difficult to keep up with on a daily basis.

Next week should be a bit easier than this week due to fewer productions of Rent happening, and also I should have enough material where I will not be starting over from complete scratch either. The editing process should run much smoother than the process it takes to complete a rough draft because now I have a complete draft with all of the clips and audio all pieced together in a general form of how I would like it to be.

I am nervous about the project still at this point, because the project is compounded with so many things falling together at the same time in the semester. The end of the semester is providing more stress than expected, and there is not enough time in the semester in order for me to be in control of what is going on, or at least that is how it feels.

No comments:

Post a Comment