Sunday, April 3, 2016

Reflection on Pre-Production

In this blog post, I will reflect on pre-production.

Some of the successes that occurred this week was that I was able to jump into the project with a solidified idea when I did jump into the project. I decided very quickly that I was extremely interested in comics and came up with a topic right away and began researching and brain storming. This brain storming process that I wrote down in my journal definitely helped when it came to what is incorporated into my project. For example, the instance of Kitty Pryde using racist language was something that I learned during my brainstorming process and it became a key piece of evidence in one of my sections of the project.

Some of the challenges this week was due to my inability to effectively time manage myself. This week was extremely rough as I had 6 papers due for my Acting class and I was not done with them until I turned them in late Wednesday night. I also have started to crew Rent and that is going to take up a lot of my nights until late. I was not able to dedicate enough time to this class as I would have liked to. Therefore much of the English process was pushed back until the last minute, and with the amount of work required this week it made life more difficult then it needed to be as much of it took place on Sunday, and with some portions taking place on Saturday.

I think next week should be better simply because I will not allow this week to repeat itself. There will not be as much homework due in my other classes so the pressure shall not be as high as it was this past week. Also I will begin working on English throughout the week and therefore Project 3 should be heading along on schedule as I do bits and pieces of work everyday rather than waiting until the end of the week to try and do as much as I can.

I feel confident about the content of the project, however I am extremely nervous about the form of this project. I have never worked in video essay format before and while I have a lot of ideas I am unsure of my ability to do everything that I would like to do because I am so unfamiliar with the genre and I am not sure the project is going to turn out just the way that I would like it to.

No comments:

Post a Comment